Tyros
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blumpkin
Blumpkin

Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal Empty Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:00 pm
Good afternoon fellow adventurers,

It dawned on me during our last outing in the wilds of Tyros that we are starting to become a more professional outfit and as such a requirement for an institution for us to collectively use as a safe haven, a home and a more professional location for us to conduct business (i.e meeting clients). This guild of sorts will help us to collectively share experience, knowledge, skills and as discussed during the closing stages of our last outing - share resources for the betterment of all and of the local community.

Obviously this requires keen adventurers to share similar attitudes and ethos in order to create a stable and peaceful setting.

The creation of such a place will require time and money however I'm happy with others input to design and commence the build of such a establishment. It will create job opportunities for the local community as we'll be hiring cleaners, cooks and security and give us the chance to create partnerships with other businesses inc the tavern (Hrack, don't want you to lose any business!)

My Proposal

-Interested individuals will contribute a sum (tbc) of money towards the creation of the guild - these members will become founding fathers / mothers(?) which will come with certain benefits.

- In order to join, you must have attended at least 2 sessions and be nominated by another member of the guild. The individual will then be invited to the guild (or the tavern before the guild is built) to be interviewed by a panel of members from the guild.

- Being a member of the guild will occur a monthly subscription fee (tbc) which will get you food and board and access to the facilities.

- A partnership with Hracks tavern to provide a smaller bar within the guild.

- A committee with various appointments to run the day to day of the guild, positions will be voted in on a 6 monthly cycle.

- This is non profit organisation for any individuals, any profit generated will go towards the upkeep of the building.

I now require all to comment with thoughts, counter proposals or additions to the above proposal. If happy, please comment below saying you're happy with the proposal and also if you are keen to become a founding member. THIS DOESN'T TIE YOU INTO ANYTHING, I WILL WRITE UP A MORE DETAILED PROPOSAL INCLUDING MEMBERSHIP CONTRACTS AND FLOORPLANS WHICH WILL GO TO A YES/NO VOTE

Cheers all!
Not Kaz'aak
Not Kaz'aak

Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal Empty Re: Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm
If anyone loves bureaucratic institutions - it's Drelders. Is this venture purely to give our activities more credibility? If so any members, not to mention the founders, would need to maintain highest professional standards as to not drag the guild's name through the mud. This would include, but not be limited to, acts of public sexual deviancy with the local population...

Other than credibility, it would be worth establishing exactly what the benefits of membership and foundership would be, otherwise the fiscal contributions may not be worth it - it may be prudent to enter into discussions with the local officials (in this case Stone and Halig) to negotiate certain privileges and/or dispensations
Edd
Edd
Admin
https://unchartedlands.forumotion.com

Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal Empty Re: Adventurers Guild - Initial Proposal

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 pm
This is fucking sick Callum - Kjartan is in
Blumpkin
Blumpkin

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Indeed, one of the secondary effects of creating this guild would be increased credibility with the local population. I see your point ref my previous actions in the public eye, i do believe that i've grown up since my near death experience battling that large crab and wish to now improve mine and our collective image and this is the way to do so.

I do worry that the local officials may not take too kindly to this proposal, in my opinion, we've been used for various dangerous tasks with little financial reward for too long. Unifying the adventurers will increase our influence over then and with it, increased reward for ourselves and more of a stake on this land that we've fought and died for.

Once I have enough support on this, i'll push forward with more detail, I wish the next proposal to include what others may want and as such please comment with suggestions on various benefits you may want to have as a member or founding member.
Blumpkin
Blumpkin

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm
For everyone's situational awareness - building in d&d 5e is a rough concept and as such people have written their own rules on how to role play building. This is the document which we should use to dictate costs and process for setting this up.
Not Kaz'aak
Not Kaz'aak

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 pm
On the contrary I'd say that allowing us to combine forces under a formal collective would be in the officials' best interest - there would be contractual liability if anything were to go wrong, there would be higher standards of service provided, and it would reflect better on them were they outsourcing tasks to a professional outfit rather than whichever rag-tag chancers show up. I'd say we have a strong negotiating position.
Blumpkin
Blumpkin

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:32 pm
On that note, as a interested individual who has a clear idea of the positive aspects of this proposal towards the local community and powers that be, would you like to lead the charge on the negotiating table? We will require a permit/ agreement of sorts from Captain Stone as the de facto leader of the settlement before we commence with the build.

Not Kaz'aak
Not Kaz'aak

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:34 pm
Say no more fam, this is what the Big D lives for
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum